Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday - hump day!

So far so good this week.  I managed yesterday, as I mentioned, to put together a trailer for our group's ho'oponopono session, and sent it out to the girls.  Looks like it has gone viral!  Sort of.  They all really loved it, I was just hoping they wouldn't be offended!

I left work for school yesterday by way of Champa Thai to pick up veggie pad Thai, mi krob, and calamari for class.  Barb and I had that night to treat for food.  She brought rice and meat jun.  So, we kicked off everything quite well, and even had vegetarian stuff so that our instructor could eat.  She's strict vegetarian, but not vegan, thankfully.  Although the mi krob could pass for vegan.

We went through a lot of information on group work after a thought provoking exercise on fear led by Michelle and Mohala.  They did it well, and it engendered a lot of conversation.

Right before the end of class, the girls had the instructor play the promo trailer for our video, which I am in the process of editing.  Two thoughts went through my mind, oh God I'm fat! and not too bad for a campy trailer.  The lights came on and our instructor joked, "ok everyone, no pressure, but..."  We all laughed.  Thankfully, iMovie makes editing easy!

But on to the oh God I'm fat!  I've been working pretty hard ever since our cruise to get back into shape, and it is starting to pay off.  I'm finally able to stop wearing my fat clothes (that's what I was wearing Friday night, and it wasn't too flattering), and I'm comfortably in my a little bit chubby clothes.  Of course, I want instant gratification, so slimming down this much in seven weeks just doesn't seem fast enough to me.

The thing is, I'm over 40, and it took a 3rd knee surgery and 2 years to pack on the pounds, it's going to take a while to get it back off.  Which means I have to get serious about this whole 24 Hour Fitness thing.  I am enjoying the classes I go to in the morning, but I've allowed myself to slack off of 6 am a few too many times!  This morning, even!  Mind you, I walked 3 miles and did 30 minutes of arms and core exercises, but I slacked off nonetheless.  Pilates and zumba were supposed to be the call of the morning!

So I think I've found a good motivator - looking at that trailer video.  I know what can lie beneath, I've had it there before.  It's time to see the reality for what it is and really stick to my goals of losing weight and gaining muscle. 

A good thing happened yesterday, don't remember if I mentioned it, but I will mention it again.  My boss finally realized (thanks to the mention by his possible successor) that I start my internship on May 23rd -- YAY!!!  And that I will need to be half time until 13 August.  Also YAY!!  We are now actively engaged in finding my replacement, shooting for overlap in early May before I pull my last stint of active duty -- YAY!!  And retire -- YAY!!

I have a feeling that there are very good things on my horizon about to happen, so I'm going to channel the positive energy of the universe to the best of my ability. 

And watch that video.

Every morning.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment