Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Doldrums

Well, it's finally hit. 2 weeks at home, limited mental interaction with others, being under the weather in the land of sun, sea and surf. Hard to keep a hard body when one is limited in one's exercise. I'm limited to walking with the crutches right now, and although I am spry, shoulders and armpits are the limiting factor. If I get out early enough in the morning, I can get in 2 miles (with a break in between at the park here in the development). Schoolwork is only momentarily diverting, and podcasts and tv shows are all starting to blend together. :(

Enter the doldrums.

One good thing about having fully embraced therapy many years ago, I can at least recognize the signs as they hit. I don't think I am anywhere near needing to go in and have anti-depressants prescribed; however, I think I need to start relying on the chick friend network a little more heavily. I could use a pedicure, manicure, trip to the movies...something, anything.

And I wish my knee could bend further. Or that there was a kitten in the house. Actually, I just wish it were six months from now already and I was up and diving and running already.

I'll get over it, and am actually surprised it took me this long to lose the Pollyanna aspect I've had. Well, it won't be lost, just floundering for a bit. I think part of it was triggered by how hard it was to bend my knee this morning while doing my therapy exercises. It was almost as if it had locked in place, and to even try to slide it back and forth was excruciating. I know, 17 years ago I was still in a cast at this point, and didn't start bending until week 3, with full range of motion achieved by week 5, but I really hope to move it along further, faster, better, sooner.

Ok, vent session over, time to continue forward.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment