Friday, September 5, 2008

Procrastination....

Quiet day for me yesterday, my first day of actual physical therapy (Wednesday was a one on one session outlining my torture regimen) at the hospital. Have to say, it was a wee bit draining (not to mention frightening!). It started with quasi-bicycling (can't do full revolutions, so I just go forward and backward within range of motion), and then migrated to electronic stimulation of the quadricep. Interesting. Of course, the frightening thing was that I did all of my exercises without the brace on. To say I was hesitant to do so might be an adequate description.

Next week, exercises start with weights added, they were easy on me yesterday. SGT Price looks to be my slave driver for the next 4 weeks!

So this morning has been full, did an interview with Defense Investigative Services for a colleague's security clearance update, walked down to the little park at the corner and started to read (finishing up research for my cyberlaw paper), but had to vacate when they started mowing, came home and did my home exercises (am I ever sore!), and am now putting off continuing to read my research. I need to figure out 10 pages of writing for this paper in order to get it finished, so I've got to finish the reading and lay out the order of analysis I'll be integrating into the paper.

It will be a writing weekend!

Right now I'm listening to an alternative group on Morning Becomes Eclectic (a KCRW show/podcast), The Airborne Toxic Event. Name aside, they are quite good, and performing live! I may have to buy their new album, which is just being released overseas today.

All quite effective in avoiding studies!

I'm still excited about recovery from the surgery. The rehab program is astonishingly different than it was when I was 23. Much more aggressive and definitely geared towards someone who will be working the protocol while at home. Wayne is picking up a little gizmo for me tonight from Ace medical -- it's a set of bicycle pedals that fasten to the floor and have variable levels of intensity that you dial in. I know it seems like a frivolous purchase, but if the protocol involves starting/warming up with cycling, I want to try to do it at home as well.

Thousands of random thoughts are going on in my head right now -- I'm actually in quite a good mood, had a good night's sleep, am looking forward to the weekend and having time with friends, and mostly to getting more mobile. I guess that means I ought to stop typing for now, and start cracking the books! :)

After I buy that cd...

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment