Monday, September 1, 2008

Humbled

That's about the right word. And so soon into the walk! :(

I went out the front door, down the walkway, out the front gate and was confronted by the never before seemed so steep slope of our driveway. Got down it just fine and tooled around our little cul-de-sac, and then thought, "What the heck? Let's walk back up it and see how it goes."

Well, it went, but extremely slowly. I found I couldn't lead with the left leg, I had to lead with the right, and it was a hobbling gait. It took about a minute and a half to get up my little driveway and into the garage.

So much for that great idea! How am I ever going to be as good as Roz Savage if I can't get into the garage? (http://www.rozsavage.com/blog) Roz, as I type, is finishing her cross-Pacific journey, south of Diamond Head (too far south to get a photo from up top), and headed in to the Waikiki Yacht Club, where she will be greeted by fans and admirers.

Oh well. Today we head to Haleiwa Ali'i beach park, and I take on the role of Queen of All That is Dry. Double :( But it will be outside, and away from the house, so it should be good.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment