Thursday, September 18, 2008

No, no, not work!

Ok, I admit it, I've liked being home this week for the most part. I've caught up on a lot of sleep that seemed unobtainable due to knee pain in previous weeks, plus all my school work is up to date. But the 24th looms ever closer...it's my plan to get 20% for another 4 weeks or so so that I can go to pt twice a week without fear of having to make up missed hours of work.

I so need to win the lottery.

Add to that a girlfriend in crisis. She discovered (quite by accident) that her husband had co-signed a loan on a Lexus (!) with someone, and then found hundreds of phone calls to one number over the past 10 months on the cell phone bill. She called the number, and at the other end was a Korean woman who wouldn't identify herself (can't say I would). Found out that the woman had already picked up the Lexus.

Her husband first denied knowledge of the co-signing, and then relented saying that the woman was only a friend.

Did I mention that the call frequencies increased over the course of the last month?

Anyway, she's now not sleeping/eating/etc, something with which I am familiar, having dropped down to 147 pounds at one low point in life, and using sleep inducing products...all too familiar.

Time for an intervention, and time to focus on being a good girlfriend, something with which I am not completely familiar, for which I apologize to all girlfriends past, present and future. After almost half my life living alone (with the exception of my Korean roomies and hubby), I've pretty much stayed isolated from people, and tried to rely on very few at all.

So, if anyone has girlfriend like tips, they are appreciated. I'm starting out with wine, cheese, and the lure of either a movie or pedicure. I'm thinking the pedicure is the one that will win out.

:(

I think we'd all rather go diving so that we didn't have to talk, but since that isn't an option, we'll see how toenails go.

Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment