Friday, September 12, 2008

Going to the Ball tonight!

Ah, memories of days gone by and my second ever Marine Birthday Ball -- 4 roomies headed out having fun in Korea.

This ball will be slightly different, it is the Signal ball, so it will be work rather than play.

It's been an Army week for me, getting my convalescent leave form in to the unit, working on OERs and awards (that will keep me busy through the weekend), procrastinating on another paper, and sending certified copies of my orders out to my unit.

It will be a Navy week next week, I'll be registering a contract with the directorate of contracting personnel in Italy. Been through it time and again, so with new work for Booz Allen on the horizon, time to get cracking.

Also looks as though on October 1, I will head over to a new position at NCTAMSPAC in Wahiawa. A most excellent commute with little to no traffic, and a decent position all in all, advising on the Joint Integration of networks in Guam. No moving involved, but a wee bit of travel, which will not break my heart (Palau, Yap, etc, here I come!). Of course, this will be after I have been cleared to dive, naturally. Sometimes things shake out the way they should.

SO, on to packing, doing dishes and laundry, walking, and doing my pt exercises (and another paper).

Next semester starts Monday, woo hoo! Time to get mentally engaged, probably exactly what I needed.

Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. How was the ball? I'm honored that you would give us old roomies a shout out in your blog! That was a great time - still have the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the photo, too -- I put it on every desk where I wind up working!! Everyone wants to know who the hot chicks are, then they lean in closer and look and recognize that one of the flanking ones is me...talk about humbling...

    ReplyDelete